Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Number One Post of 2011

First and foremost, I want to thank you all for hanging out with me here, reading and commenting on the Wife Life!  It means so much to me.  I never would have imagined having over 150 followers and 100,000 page views in just a year.  I look forward to adding more facets to the blog and growing it over the year ahead.  I really hope to create conversations and a sense of community as we learn from one another.

So here it is.  Drum roll please...  The number one Wife Life post from 2011 is...

Bye-Bye Blackheads {a re-post}

While at a friend's house, we had an evening of beauty recipe making.  One that we were both interested in was the Bye-Bye Blackheads Scrub from EcoBeauty by Lauren Cox.  The best part was that the few ingredients required were all common household ingredients.  It is nice and simple to make anytime.

Bye-Bye Blackheads Scrub

1 tbsp granulated sugar
1 tbsp baking soda
2 tbsp water

Supplies

Add baking soda

and sugar.

Add water and mix.

To use, massage mixture onto wet skin.  Allow to sit for a few minutes.  Rinse with warm water, and pat face dry.

The texture of this scrub was nice, much smoother than many are.  My face felt more soft and smooth than prior to the scrub, and I found it did help with the few blackheads I had on my chin.  My only issue was that after rinsing, my face was red and felt tender.  I think this is probably due to my sensitive skin, but I was still surprised since the scrub only contains a few simple ingredients.  Also, my friend found that her skin was dry afterward, though she is prone to dry skin.  This is something I would do again when necessary, but not often.

--------

There have been a few discussions and recommendations in the comments sections for how to use this scrub on the original if you are interested in knowing more.

And so I leave you for this year with a question.

What would you like to see on The Wife Life in the upcoming year?

2 comments:

  1. i like the new header!

    and i just want more posts. maybe you could get that lazy friend of yours to finally guest post for you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog!!! Thank you!

    I wanted to tell you about the Christmas gifts I gave this year...I went to our local thrift store, purchased 26 records for $13, and made record bowls. I hot glued the record cover slit together, glossed the front with Mod Podge, attached a string for hanging to the back, and pretty ruffled ribbon to the front (manly un-ruffled ribbon for boys), and viola! Awesome wall hangings to go with the record bowls. My dad was disappointed that I "melted" a record he would have liked to listen to, so I got him the CD! Ha! Thanks, again!

    ReplyDelete