The finished product! Our earthy, natural themed diaper cake.
Sorry I didn't take more pictures. I thought it was going to be a lot harder than it was. Turns out it was really simple, so I think most anyone could do it just from the directions anyways.
You will need:
-a pack of diapers (we used an 84 pack and had quite a few left over)
-as many cake pans as tiers you want in different sizes
-fishing wire/string/large rubber bands
-some sort of cake tray
1. Place a handful of the diapers inside the first cake pan.
2. Fan the diapers along the side of the cake pan, adding more diapers until it is full.
3. Tie fishing wire/string/use a rubber band around the diapers to secure them.
4. Continue steps 1-3 with any other tiers. For larger tiers, you may need to roll up diapers to place in the centre to keep it solid.
5. Flip the cake pans over and lift off the diapers.
6. Stack the tiers and decorate. We wanted a natural themed diaper cake for a baby boy, so we used twine and tissue paper colours that matched. Other options would be ribbon, bows, cellophane or small gifts such as bottles, soothers, or bibs.
It was a real hit at the shower, and we think the mother-to-be liked it as well. If you want a great looking, handmade gift, try it out!