Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me

Yesterday was my birthday, and I was glad when nearly every gift I received was all natural.  One of my main presents was a soapstone diffuser.  I was excited to try it out right away, and thus that is what I'm going to talk about today.

Fill water bowl partway.

Add 3-4 drops of essential oil or diffuser blend.  I used another one of my gifts, the Spa Spirit diffuser blend.

Light a candle within.

Breathe in the fresh, therapeutic air.

I really enjoy this diffuser.  I was surprised by how quickly the scent made it through the whole house, and it lasts quite a while after the candle has been blown out.  The diffuser blends that I received are specially concocted for relaxation and immune system support, so I love that.  Then there's the added bonus of the fresh scent in the house.  Just remember to blow out those candles before you leave the house!

2 comments:

  1. next time you might want to try using tealights instead of votives. when the wax melts it leaves a mess to clean out, and the tealights dont. to reuse the tealight tins, you just need to melt wax and create a wick, viola you have just recycled a disposable item!

    cheers, Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this soapstone diffuser. I really hope it can help with your allergies and make our house always smell fresh!

    ReplyDelete